Monday, December 6, 2010

Gobble Fest

I had planned a Go Green Gobble Fest where there would be food, beverages, a few games, and a showing of sustainable vinticulture with the film Blood Into Wine showcasing Maynard James Keenan's vinyard in Jerome Arizona. My event was canceled a day before it was to take place because the RA I was working with thought no one would come due to the basket ball game that evening. Rescheduling this semester was not possible. My event was ruined by one individual, by one RA. I can't help but have nothing but negative emotions toward the situation. I walk around the hall looking to see if any of my other posters have been attacked/torn down and all I feel is negativity towards the one who wrecked my event. I gave up other opportunities to work with other individuals in the hall in order to have the Gobble Fest and so I feel as if I have let down many more individuals than expected. I'm not sure I want to do a time consuming event next year as the three events I've held have all been sabotaged either openly or deliberately in a secrative manner. I am tired of having all of my events unravel. The sad thing is that the residents of my hall are being deprived of programming by a handful of representatives of housing.

I skipped the end of the year activity for eco reps because I feel sick towards the behavior of housing in my building and I don't want to be put in the middle again. It hurts far too much at the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment